Monday, October 10, 2011

Inception

Dear Readership: Your humble hostess is otherwise occupied with actual work and the draft of yet another spectacular blog entry. While deep into her intrepid research, she came across the following post, "Walking the walk," which was the inaugural phone cam round up. Enjoy.

* * *

Now that I have a camera phone, I can take pictures of things when I walk the earth for mile after mile after mile. This is a picture of some red licorice candies that were strewn about the sidewalk. They were shaped like little schnauzer dogs. I think it must take a very angry person to throw little red licorice schnauzer dogs all over the place.

This is a pair of purple underwear. I do not have any purple underwear, nor can I remember ever having any. Hence, I'm pretty sure these aren't mine, but I'm not positive.



This is a rubber glove. I run across these on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes it's just the one glove. Sometimes it's one glove, then a few yards down the pike, you find another. I had a box of rubber gloves but I used them all up. I never threw them out all over the road, though.

I've been waiting on this baby.

This is Used Condom Number Three of my whole life. That does not include condoms in which I partook of the use*. It just includes condoms I've passed by while loping around trying to think and figure out the world. Ever since I got my camera phone and this blog, I've been waiting and waiting for Used Condom Number Three. Finally happened. So here you go people, the Darwinian Imperative: stymied. You are not going to believe this, but I really and truly came across this baby the very next day after posting this. And I found it in a whole different part of town. I could have posted it then, but no one would have believed it.

I just thought this was sort of sad.

*I cannot figure out how to say that with grammaricular correctitude, so you just have to deal with it.

*   *   *

This originally ran in June 2007 and garnered 21 comments.


*   *   *

6 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Love this posts....on yer travels.

Anonymous said...

Please allow me to comment on your lovely phone cam installment #1. Lovely. My comment is made available this lovely fall morning because the huge gov't run healthcare program for which I work and much of the rest of the federal government is closed to celebrate that essential American History Event- Columbus Day. So you small gov't advocates bask in the absence of the federal bureaucracy and reflect the glory that was Cristoforo Colombo who embodied all that we admire here in the good ole USA- Conquest and Domination.

RJ

Anonymous said...

BTW I realized I should have acknowledged the post as apropo for the day due to the travel related link between our humble hostess and ole Colombo. I don't know if the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria ever made it to Lake Erie but he clearly journeyed through Ohio as they named a city for him. Now a phone cam pic of Columbus would be a real coup!

RJ

Anonymous said...

No purple panties? Ever? You ARE a commie...how about a purple bra? You know, "Purple Mountains, Majesties, above the Fruit-ofThe-Loom plain"?
MR

Anonymous said...

And after seeing Used Condom Number Three, perhaps you should rename the post "Contra-Inception"...
MR

twinkly sparkles said...

Happy to view your first ever phone cam post as you know I am a great fan of them. I still fantasize about doing a similar type of post sometimes, but I don't know how to use my phone very well.