Sunday, May 04, 2008
Recession post vol. one
Since the dollar has shrunk to a size that is way smaller than either of my nipples, I figured a few recession-themed posts were in order. To kick off this econo-fest, here is a graphic depicting some of the "choices" we've made here at Casa Goat D'OBrien in order stretch the ol' greenback a little further.
Some additional notes, suggestions and miscellany:
1. Shit-can that ritzy-titsy $8 vibrating 5-blade Soleil Venus whatever and get a 12-pack of disposable Lady Bic single-blade cheapos. Use Suave conditioner instead of that expensive melon-scented lady shave cream gel. It's fine.
2. How many of you keep your eyes closed during sex? Unrelated, I know, but I'm just curious.
3. Enough with the $5 CappuFreenoMochasspresso. But a goddamn can of Folgers and brew it yourself.
4. "Bloopy" should be a word.
5. DO NOT buy crappy sheets. If you can't afford the regular 300-count brushed pima cotton, go to TJMaxx and buy seconds. Doesn't matter if they don't have your color (particularly if you answered "all the time" to # 2), just so they feel wonderful next to the skin.
6. I love this. The chickie on the hay bale slays me.
More to come, including a special guest post from Al the Retired Army Guy. Now I'm off to Kohl's. My favorite brand of undies finally went on sale.