|Adult Goat, circa 1980|
I'll start with my favorite:
1) When dispensing petro, the Goat will top-off the tank by rounding up the monetary total of the purchase to the next quarter (as in 25¢) despite the fact that the transaction is completely digital (we pay with a credit card) and wholly removed from the concept of change (as in the pocket variety). The practice harks back to the pre-self serve days when the Goat began his career with BP (then Sohio) as a filling station attendant in the year of our Lord 1972.
3) When wearing slippers, the Goat moves in a way that is best described as a shuffle, which sounds exactly as one might imagine.
4) The Goat enjoys an occasional whiskey sour, but only before dinner and only at a restaurant (think: high ball).
5) Given the choice between a relatively new and sharp Ticonderoga number two pencil and a tiny eraserless dull nub, the Goat will invariably opt for the nub, which probably has something to do with bowling alleys of yore.
|The Goat as a young man|
7) As a kid, the Goat used to mow the lawn with a manual rotary mower. A MANUAL ROTARY MOWER, people!
For those wanting more, I recommend Goat archives volumes one through three, if only for the pictures.
* * *
|Goat and humble hostess enjoying adult beverages during courtship|
1) I keep a jar of rendered bacon fat in the refrigerator at all times,
2) will use up leftover gravy (when there's no longer any leftover roast/chicken/meatloaf) by pouring it over toast for breakfast or lunch,
3) call lunch meat "lunch meat" and use said lunch meat primarily for lunch,
4) still pay all the bills with hard-copy checks.
* * *