Monday, February 01, 2010

Announcements

1. Al the Retired Army Guy is going to be on television as part of Bobby Flay's Throwdown. The first airing of "Brownies" will be this Wednesday at 9 p.m. EST. Here's the teaser, with a list of more air dates.

Al is a frequent commenter here at the manual, and yes, that is a photo of Al on the left. If you need a little more Al in order to prepare for Wednesday's big event, you can access his recipe for Hobo Potatoes here.

Go Al!

2. Your humble hostess will be presenting a keynote speech: The Woman Writer: Power and Beauty as well as one workshop From Eyeliner to Eggbeaters: Everyday Memoir at the weekend writing retreat In the Company of Women, which will be held April 16-18 at the Maumee Bay Resort. I'd love to see you there.

3. I do not have a number three.

* * *

8 comments:

Jack Cluth said...

#3: Contrary to rumors that you may have heard, the keynote speech will not include a stripper pole. Seriously.

(S)wine said...

#4 I will be picking my nose live via Skype. See you all there.

Al The Retired Army Guy said...

I will be the one wearing an olive drab (sorry, we were told to wear something without logos or writing on it, and that's all I had) Army issue sweater.

Al
TRAG

Anonymous said...

That subversive s.o.b. He's feeding Saddam's brownies(seen in photo absconding with recipe) to the liberal Vermonters with the obvious intent of having them labeled Islamofacists. Before you know it he'll join James O'Keefe on the "Big Government" payroll.

RJ

Amy L. Hanna said...

@(S)wine: You gonna eat that?
@RJ: LOL!

Enjoy your "heatlamp" moment, Al.

Al The Retired Army Guy said...

Good one, RJ!

If I was going to feed Vermonters Saddam's Brownies, the intent would be to have them labled "left wing whack jobs." As for the Government payroll, yeah, I'm still on it with my retirement check, but that's about it ...

Al
TRAG

ahclem said...

Unless I'm mistaken (which I'm not), the statement, "I do not have a number three." is actually a perfectly valid announcement.

An inaccurate one, but an announcement nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Al appears to be sporting some nice guns under that shirt of his. Very nice!