Sunday, October 04, 2009

Pretzel nation


Behold homemade soft pretzels courtesy of Alton Brown's recipe.

It is not possible to describe how delicious these pretzels are. Warm and fresh out of the oven? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! These totally kicked ass over those nancy mall pretzels. My kid and I made them. It rocked our faces off. We left two nekkid, two were dressed with sea salt, two with cinnamon sugar, one with seasoned salt and one with Parmesan cheese.

I spread one of the salted ones with cream cheese and that was as good a lunch I've had in I don't know when. The Goat is having one right now for breakfast. He nuked it for about 15 seconds. They'd reheat nicely in a hot oven for a few minutes as well.

Quit playing with yourself and make these pretzels right now. The ones you goof up might look a little funny, but they'll be wonderful just the same.

* * *

6 comments:

Dudesworthy said...

Mmmm...! There's nothing like a fresh Bush-Choker!

VM said...

How did you know I'd been playing with myself? A lucky guess.

I want those pretzels!

Rory L. Aronsky said...

Quit playing with yourself and make these pretzels right now.

Too late. I'm already playing with a naked pretzel. ;)

emmapeelDallas said...

You're such a good mom, to be making those with your kid!

Smile said...

Wow, those look absolutely delicious.

Contrary Guy said...

looks awesome... but damn that low-salt diet... two teaspoons not counting the salt on top.

But... my captcha/verify word to post this comment is 'ougatu'... Oh you got to? Google's telling me to make these anyway! Obey Google! lol