Oh joyous light of being.
My book is on a list. A real list.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer listed "Amazon.com's top selling fiction books in Cleveland" today on page L-2 and my novel Harvey & Eck was listed as number six.
I am filled with shimmering glee. I am going to do somersaults in the snow, fellate my husband and bake a meatloaf.
I am going to buy new underwear.
Here is the list in its entirety:
1. John Philip Duck by Patricia Polacco
2. Alvin Ailey by Andrea Davis Pinkney
3. Once Upon an Ordinary School Day by Colin McNaughton
4. The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
5. Cell: A Novel by Stephen King
6. Harvey & Eck by, er, me
7. Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo
8. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
9. When My Name Was Keoko by Linda Sue Park
10. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
I will not speculate what the list infers about Clevelanders in general. I did breathe a sigh of relief when I finished reading the list and did not see this little jewel on it. (Of course, then I could have boasted that I have two things in common with Pamela Anderson--but, hey, Pammy baby, don't you forget that mine are natural.)
Someone should drop Stephen King a note and congratulate him for besting me by one.
I love the pissy ladybug! I love Johnny's gun! I love it all!
And if all of that isn't enough, I do believe I feel the rumblings of an impending climax courtesy of this gentleman.