Sunday, August 07, 2011

Miscellaneous post that does not earn a AAA rating and runs on


-This way cool Springbok puzzle cost me $0.25 at Unique Thrift and it had all its pieces. SCORE!

-I didn't truly understand anything until I was 40. Will I say one day that I didn't truly understand anything until I was 60? Maybe you don't really know anything until you're dead.

-Saw the last Harry Potter and found it entertaining. Don't pay extra for 3D. There's only a few good (mediocre?) 3D moments and oodles of lost 3D opportunity. Methinks they only put this version out there for a money grab.



That said, the new real 3D is sort of freaky. The people look like they're right in front of you. I'm a little uncomfortable to think what this means for the adult film industry. eek!

-Okay, already, I admit it: I'm sort of a digital hoarder. I save every damn email and podcast and silly pic. I would be utterly lost without my spotlight and detest having to empty the trash.

-The Goat (with smug irony): "That's the word for me: established."

So that's what they're calling it these days, huh Goat? Established? Yeah, yeah.

-Time to end this silly post, so here' a pic of the established Goat running.

14 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

And he definitely looks 'established' to me!!

I thought the 'Springbok' puzzle was going to be one of the South African rugby team... maybe with an 'Invictus' theme featuring Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman...

Anonymous said...

Best comment that occurred to me:

Damn...Goats's so fast the competition is nowhere in sight!

What I was really thinking:

F**k. I was gonna goof off today and then I see this healthy looking Goat picture now I gotta get off my lazy ass and sweat. (Neurotic shame among my many defects of character.)

RJ

Contrary Guy said...

Established? Love it. Think I'll use that one myself in coming years.

I avoid the 3D thing, ever since I finished Avatar with a splitting headache. The most recent movies I've seen were Thor in 3D (which probably needed it) and that X-men prequel in 2D (didn't need it, although the teen Mystique would have looked nice in it I'm sure). Just not a compelling feature to me, and since Hollywood has no new ideas on display, meh on movies in general... wait, now if they remake Earthquake in Sensurround (tm), then I'm in!

p.s. my Captcha phrase for this comment is 'defici'? Deficits trying to creep into Erin's feel-good post, a few letters at a time?! No way!

Leslie Morgan said...

AAA rating is highly overrated, Girlfriend. A slow Sunday schmooze is good for everyone.

Great puzzle find! Looks like it could be one of your patented EOB sammie creations.

I support your 40 musing. I'd say I only began to get a clue at about age 40, even though I came across as having a handle on many things in life. If you can't give 'em substance, give 'em form.

Leslie Morgan said...

@ RJ ~ I'm just a defect in search of a character. I believe I know where to go locate one.

rraine said...

i just turned 60, and i certainly know things now that utterly escaped me at 40. and i've forgotten things i knew at 20! when i'm dead, i'll post a comment with all the new stuff i'll know. might be a long post.

Jon Moore said...

@rraine-If I don't get some answers when I die, I'm gonna be one pissed off dead guy.

Kirk said...

Now that the country no longer has an AAA rating, does that mean our nation's leaders have to change their own flat tires?

Erin O'Brien said...

Boehner should have to change Pelosi's tire when they're dead.

Leslie Morgan said...

Just looked Boehner up on Dickipedia, the wiki of dicks. Yes. The poster child. May the bumper jack whack him in the head and knock out any little traces of . . never mind.

twinkly sparkles said...

Fuck your rating system, Erin.

The Goat gets 5 stars, you get 5 stars and you don't even have to share them--that's FIVE STARS EACH!

Hubba Hubbalicious on the Goat.

You know what you know when you know it. You can't scarify yourself into it. Some are wiser than their years, some foolish forever or increasingly with each day that passes. It's probably more important to keep drinking at the fountain than anything else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarification

Bill said...

Yes, Sparkles. Keep drinking at the fountain and, "..to thnine own self be true.." (quote from a different Bill)

Erin O'Brien said...

(aha! Another opportunity to preach the Erin Commandment ...)

or ... Don't be an asshole ...

Bill said...

No coveting, stealing, killing, swearing and now, no being an asshole? That's a lot to ask.