1. The opening "Chrissy" scene is made terrifying by sound and motion only.
2. The first time we see the shark tip to tail, it's scaled by swimming behind Brody's youngest son as he plays in the sand.
3. The unseen Ben Gardner is as brilliant a literary device as I've ever scene.
4. "That's some bad hat, Harry."
5. The boat (the Orca) is as fully developed a character as Hooper, Brody or Quint.
5.xx The mayor and his clothing and car, the broken picket fences at the onset of the movie, the slipping topsiders on the edge of the Orca's deck, the beercan and paper cup ...
Erin love Jaws!