Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A model citizen


For this week's Scene, I've written an honest accounting about what it's like to have a sexy boudoir photo taken at a professional studio. Now let me introduce you to a "Model Citizen."

The pictures were taken at Posh Portraits, which is here in Northeast Ohio. Owner/photographer Sarah Kraus was just terrific as were her stylists Jenna Lowe and Natalie Sanders. They were all professional and so so fun. I can't say enough about them.

Here's a bunch of pix I took during the shoot. I've also included some of the professional shots (courtesy of Posh Portraits) that did not run in Scene.

I had a blast with this assignment and I hope the essay and what I've posted here shed some light on this popular trend.

Onto the pictures. For the record, nothing in this post has been Photoshopped.

* * *

Raw Erin. On my way to Posh Portraits with no make-up and just-shampooed hair.


Jenna Lowe transformed me into a starlet! She's cool ...


... so was Natalie Sanders, who muscled my giant hair into a slick do.


Who is this chick? Oh yeah, it's me!


These eyelashes were so giant, they deserved pet names. Maybe Mash and Dash?


Somebody hand me my phone. Gotta call my homie Dorothy and tell her I found her dress.


Got bling?


No hat for me but it sure looks good on you.


Shoe-gasm! I'm all over these ruby slippers, baby.


Tons of hip places to take a pic in this snazzy studio.


Photographer and Posh Portrait studio owner Sarah Kraus. She is so down.


A runner-up photo. Are those really my legs?


The photo that ran in the Scene before any photoshop retouching.


Not the most comfortable position, but the pic came out nice.


I guess this is what it's like to have a mirrored ceiling in the bedroom. Yikes!


And despite the fact that there are many many many Photoshop opportunities in this last one, I can't resist posting it for Al the Retired Army Guy, Velociman, James Old Guy and Hoosierboy.


When I got home, my kid was fascinated with the eyelashes. Look what she did with them when I took them off. Ha! You are so crazy, kid I love it!



* * *

Thanks so much to all the crew over at Posh Portraits, to my editor for this plum assignment and perhaps most importantly to all my readers. I'm nothing without you.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! The goat is a lucky guy!

Anonymous said...

Nice......

Jen said...

wow. really. i am blown away, by the story you wrote, and those lovely photos. like, even a little teary-eyed, but in the good way. in the way i get when i see something that takes my breathe away, something lovely.

you're a "real woman" first and foremost, and you give me hope. i just turned 39 and stuff like this reminds me that i'm ok how i am. that i can have fun and go from hoodies to glittery high heels and makeup.

the photos are just really lovely, but still real looking. it's you, with just an extra coat of paint! but those sparkly eyes (and great legs!) are always there.

and the story was so well written. you captured so much of the confusion about what it means to be sexy in this culture, at a "certain age".

side note- you blow tyra and that kardasian broad out of the water!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done!

RJ

Anonymous said...

You are too fabulous!! Great article and gorgeous photos. Love it! I knew you would totally rock this story.

Maria said...

I've shot with sarah a few times and I just have to say, your article, your take on the whole thing really does it justice! Thank you so much for writing such a great piece and for being brave enough to do it...it does take some getting used to but the photos of you are gorgeous! Well done :)

Kirk said...

Nice pics, but, with all due respect, I think I prefer "Erin O'Brien Naked" in the Greatest Hits section of this blog. I mean, there's something about your come hither smile and the way those legs are wrapped around that chair...

Either way, I'm sure this post will get a lot of "pop-up" comments.

Norm said...

Awwww. Adorable! Smile wrinkles, though, really should stay. :D

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever been so horny..ADMIRING! Admiring of such photos. Art they are.

I need to get my own laptop just so I can add one of these as wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

Woof.

emmapeelDallas said...

Wow, Erin, GREAT post and terrific pics!

Mone said...

Kid did a terrific artwork too! Nice Post Erin and lovely pics.

Joe said...

wonderbar

dean said...

By-god, damn-it-anyway, that web of lines beneath my eyes is part of what makes me beautiful!

Fuck yeah.

I like the kneeling one best.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to the kid for the great drawing. Is Matisse an influence?

Erin O'Brien said...

Thanks for all the nice comments.

What is so funny is that I'm over here doing laundry and schlepping around in my normal Erin way. Then I check in online and see the pictures and think, is that really me?

I guess so. But the real Erin O'Brien is off to make herself a ham sandwich for lunch.

Anonymous said...

Erin, baby, I want you in the next issue of Penthouse

Anonymous said...

Wait one second, Bob! I saw her first!

Anonymous said...

In the second and third runner-up photos, are you looking for UFOs?

Anonymous said...

Now, Bob, now, Hugh, let's be gentlemen about this.

We'll draw straws.

Erin O'Brien said...

Larry, Bob and Hef. I'm sorry, but I've already signed with AARP.

It was awful nice of you boys to drop in, though.

UFO's? I wasn't looking for them. I was WATCHING them.

Hal said...

Very nice, Erin.

Anonymous said...

Whoa Lord!!!! Soonest I read in the Scene they's more pictures of Erin O'brien wearin nothing but 5" heels and a paper valentine I damn near busted my keyboard tryin to get there. Oh Lord!! Ooohh Lord!!! Look at all them words and phrases circlin her head like a halo! And her just smilin up at em with a beatific grin looks just like her father. Write on Erin O'brien!!!!
Rev. Pete

Key2ob said...

Just when I think you can't top yourself, I'm wrong! Always surprising, always food for thought,

Deodand said...

That one of you kneeling is dirty, dirty!

Anonymous said...

That one of you kneeling is dirty, dirty!

It's only dirty if she's accidentally slathered in mud. Otherwise, it's HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! (an unfortunate online stutter) ;)

Hope said...

omgosh - you look mahvalous!!! awesome hair!!!! And beautiful legs!!!! mmmooooowah!!

Anonymous said...

good job , erin. i was a little curious as to how the other photos turned out. kudos to posh portraits!!

Anonymous said...

Erin, that was really 'ballzy' of you to undergo the shoot and 'expose' yourself to comments from every Tom, Dick, Harry (and Juanita, et.al.) Nice job by 'PP'.
Norm de Plume