Monday, April 14, 2008

Come Saturday evening

This Saturday, April 19, at 7 p.m., I will be reading an excerpt from my short story "Skywriting with King Tut down at the Little Eqypt," which appears in the new anthology Santi: Lives of Modern Saints from Black Arrow Press. The reading will be at Mac's Backs, 1820 Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights.

Cleveland authors Grant Bailie and Dan Chaon also have stories in Santi and will be reading Saturday night as well. We will be joined by Black Arrow's Luca Dipierro and Rachel Bradley.

My story takes place at a flea market that was closely modeled after one that ran in Cleveland for years at the Memphis Triple Drive in. I wrote about that venerable establishment here. Click for the pictures if nothing else.

I hope to see you Saturday. Now for a couple of previews:



3 comments:

Toby said...

I love to be read to. Too bad I live so far away. I've been reading, Good Ginny.

dean said...

Too bad I live so far away, too. I'd come if I lived within a couple of hours drive. Unfortunately, I'm prolly 4 days drive away.

But hey, if I was in the area, I'd come.

Anonymous said...

i don't have any kind of excuse.
i just won't come.
ok, i'm on the east coast and my car is without a properly-functioning timing belt.
(this excuse almost beats the oul' 'my dog ate my homework' standby)