Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sunday Morning Share Time #8

Happy New Year.

I will report on something small and nice to kick off 2006.

This is sort of a commercial, but one well earned. Tell City Pretzels has been making hand-made pretzels since 1858. Their salty, crispy, crunchy hard pretzels are unlike anything I've ever had. They are just wonderful.

We order the "light" salt, and find it plenty salty for our tastes. I also prefer ordering "whole and broken pieces" because I like the wierd, bite-sized shapes that come in the bucket. Alone, with cheese, with beer, anyway you eat these, they are worth the price ($10.25 for a pound of pretzels? I pay it happily, these babies leave Rold Gold in the dust).

So there's a delicious salty tip for pretzel aficionados and anyone who is seeking out something different and surprisingly traditional and simple and wholesome.

Love,

Erin

3 comments:

Nicole said...

They got anything for a hopeless sweettooth such as myself? Any chewy, sugary things?

Or should I stick with Auntie Anne?

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ERIN!!!

Erin O'Brien said...

To ngregory00--Check out the Candy Blog, listed on the right hand sidebar of my site under "links". She is fabulous! You will want to eat everything she reviews, from cheapo kid candy to sophisticated international chocolates. I love the Candy Blog.

PDD said...

I predict candida.